FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:49 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Alohashirt
I have a legitimate 10-person all-day meeting coming up. I got the quote through the Rewards site following the OP links. The hotel sent me a PDF contract-- and says they know nothing about points. I emailed Marriott Rewards and of course received no response. I'm not going to sign the PDF or put up a credit card until I'm sure I'm getting the points: Should I ask the hotel to send me the electronic contract? What should I refer to in order to get the banquet manager to do this?

This is a day meeting where several other Marriott properties sent me quotes. As far as I'm concerned, not getting the elite nights would be a deal breaker. Any advice would be appreciated. Note that this is an all-day meeting in a major city and we are paying several hundred $ for the space. We have options.
Absolutely appropriate to nail down and/all terms that are important to you. One thing to keep in mind several different entities are involved in delivering these benefits. The property should be providing the points earned on the spend for the event. The property is responsible for using the Group Posting Tool after the meeting to notify MR so they can post the Rewarding Events nights (not paid by the property so presume no knowledge). The property must charge your CC for the event so they know to post the points (if on a MR affinity card). Expecting all of this to be spelled out in a single document could be a stretch.

The important item is to make sure your MR number is listed on the contract and try to get confirmation from the property they know of and will be using the Group Posting Tool once the event is complete and you should be all set. Some properties are very good about quickly posting the events, some restrict who's allowed to use the tool, so could be a delay, and some batch their postings again resulting in a delay.