FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:47 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
48 Hour availability is useless to me

In decades of traveling, I've never been able to get that benefit to work at any chain
I use it about twice a year and only once had an issue. Sometimes it is extremely expensive, like $999 for a night at the East Side Marriott in NY for 11/10, but often the only reason I knew was the website used to clearly say there was only Plat availability.

The only time I had a problem was a last minute PIT Ren reservation. I was speaking for a group but was a last minute substitute and was too late to get in on their block. I called Marriott and had to push to get the reservation. There was no official blackout so I asked to speak with a manager who told the phone agent she was wrong and should make the reservation. The phone agent put in some nasty messages and said no matter what the rate should not be lowered. When I checked in it turned out the hotel was not full. The front desk agent told me about the notes and lowered by rate despite what the agent said. And gave me an UG to a two room suite to boot.