FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first First Class flight (via a convoluted route!)
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:54 am
pennineuk

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
You will certainly see the difference between Y and F and I hope you really enjoy the flight, even more given the bargain rate at which it was secured.

There is much criticism, some of it founded, about F on this board. Much comment focuses on detailed issues, lack of consistency etc. and comparing standards across airlines. For me, the essential benefit of F is a bigger lie-fat bed, more storage space (always go for a window seat, never the two in the middle of the cabin) and the flexibility of service. Given that many people who fly F are in positions where they have a lot of control over their working lives, BA (and other airlines) have it about right in giving flexibility within the cabin, i.e. eat when you want to. In a Maslow hierarchy of need, I think control of one's environment is pretty high up the needs list, especially when you think there's a lot about a flight that you have no control over whatsoever (relying on the pilot). Being able to have a high degree of control on my flight, within the given parameters, is what sells F for me, irrespective of the many 1st world problems people complain about on here.