FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Updating Cole Haan Amenity Kits in "March 2018"
Old May 31, 2018, 8:55 pm
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by dia1
How many of us need the things in these kits? Most of us have those things in our carry-on cases and personal items. I hope that leaving the kit unopened means that one less container and its contained stuff will make its way to a landfill to rest there in perpetuity. If you don't really need what's inside, please leave the kit sealed up and unopened. Maybe those of us who get to fly up front can also do a little for the planet and our kids and grandkids?
Need is a subjective word. Sometimes I fly Y and sometimes I fly J based on weather or not I can get an upgrade. When I do fly in J and have the kit, I use the mouthwash after I eat and sometimes use the lip balm. The pen comes in handy when filling out landing cards. I use the eye-shade if I sleep and eventually use the socks. I don't use the toothbrush because I don't like to actually brush my teeth on a plane, or the earplugs/headphone covers.

As an aside, if you leave it on your seat opened or unopened, someone from the Y cabin will probably take it as they leave the aircraft, depending upon your seat location and which door is opened.