FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old May 31, 2018, 3:24 pm
howie411

Originally Posted by sannmann
I hate the Ascend card. Hate it. Loyal to Hilton; I guess that's the only reason I'm keeping it. Pay $95/year for the card; don't really have a use for Priority Pass (get lounge access through 1K status); don't see myself putting $15k on the card to get a free night; and earned Diamond last two years on nights- so, have no use for the Gold status that comes with the card.

Called the customer service line as my annual fee is due. Agent wouldn't budge on waiving the fee. Only offered me 10,000 Honors points. She also offered to downgrade me to the fee-free Honors card, which I've already had since 2011.

Even if I cancelled the card, I wouldn't be eligible to get a sign-up bonus for it again. And, paying $450/year for the Aspire is not worth it to me.

Anyone offered decent retention offers from Amex to keep their Ascend cards open?

How is your Ascend already up for renewal? The card just came out like 4 months ago? I chatted with Amex the other day to try to get the free night promo they are currently having but was denied.