FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The new BiTB dodge - gatechecking and carrying on
Old May 31, 2018, 11:42 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
This morning there were at least 2 pax who had gate-checked who got onto the aircraft, with their gate-checked bags, looking somewhat bemused.

They were clearly not trying to play the system, and had expected their bags to be taken from them at some point in the process - I heard them explaining to the CC. By this stage they were at Row 9 and the crew asked them just to take their bags and stow them in the overheads as carry-on. There is definitely a missing link or two in this process..
Well I guess they could make the sign a bit bigger? Or perhaps add flashing lights? There is a well known feature of air travel that seems to mush the brains of intelligent, rational, thoughtful people temporarily, and I'm not sure I can quite understand what it is.