FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 NEWBIE LOUNGE Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old May 30, 2018, 11:07 pm
MikeShores

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K
So, I'm not exactly a newbie, but I am fairly inexperienced at award travel booking, as we just don't seem to earn many miles. That said, I am looking to maybe fly a friend with me to NYC next month using my miles, and I have a few questions.
To preface, my itinerary is:
June 10 AA2287 AUS-JFK
June 14 AA2772 JFK-AUS

1) Earlier today I saw connecting flights available for the 12,500 mile redemption level, with my flights available at the 30,000 mile level.
2) I now see none at 12,500. How frequently is this updated?
3) I am Plat, would my friend be granted the same benefits as me (2 checked bags, priority, MCE access, Same Day standby) at the 12,500 level? The 30,000 level?
4) Would there be potentially better access to the 12,500 on the N/S flights closer to departure?
5) Would calling the plat desk change any of the above?

Sorry, I looked through a ton of the wikis and about six pages of posts, but didn't quite see what I was looking for. Obviously since my itin is already booked, and with one paid and one award, I cannot do this on the same itin. I am guessing that after booking I could call the Plat desk and asked that the PNR's be linked, but will that do anything?

Thanks in advance for the responses.