FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First class seat disappointment
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2018, 3:50 pm
simons1

Originally Posted by ibmman69
I'm really torn on this post.

I've flown BA F a few times, and had great experiences every time with both the hard and soft product.

I agree with those who say that taking a seat out of service for this minor problem is ridiculous.

And I agree that the 787 issue is a problem that is outside BA's control.

However, I agree with others who say that this should not happen in an F cabin, and aircraft issues aren't an excuse to fail to deliver on the advertised experience. This isn't Air Mauritania (if they even have an airline). It's BA, and they should deliver on what they promise. How they make that happen is not the customer's problem. I also acknowledge it may have happened on the last flight, but again, it's their responsibility to deliver on what they promise. If they have to pay overtime to maintenance personnel then so be it. If it's a problem with the design (as another poster showed a photo of the same issue) then they should contemplate that contractually with the interior supplier, and work it out there.
It is nothing to do with paying overtime to maintenance people. It's to do with taking an aircraft out of service when the fleet is several a/c down and flights are being cancelled. And BA may already be addressing the issue with the supplier, so....?

Personally I think likening it to Air Mauritania due to a few scuffs is a bit hysterical but there we are.