FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Scotch - Best & Worst, recommendations, questions" thread
Old May 30, 2018, 3:40 pm
Kettering Northants QC

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I was at the Caresse Resort in Bodrum, Turkey yesterday and a 40ml serve Johnny Walker Black was about $18US. A serve of JW Gold was the same... as was a serve of JW Blue.

I do it enjoy it when people running a bar don't know how to calculate GP's properly and leave fun little sweet spots on the spirits menu.
sadly, the opposite is sometimes the case - a cynical bar owner who exploits customers.

A Well known Oxford Hotel (popular with overseas tourists) a few years ago when I stayed there had a bar with an excellent large selection of whisky at extremely high prices. Included in the list were some supposedly "super deluxe" whisky (I was unfamiliar with) at really really high prices - a quick check with google revealed that these "special" whiskies could be brought retail for just a few quid more than other better known decent brands yet were 3x the price on the menu - c£50 a shot