FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First class seat disappointment
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2018, 12:45 pm
simons1

Originally Posted by dougzz
The responses suggest what was BA supposed to do. My point is that’s BA’s problem. I’m not disputing the practicalities of the situation, I just think it’s all BA’s to resolve. Their solution is lump it. I’m saying if you sell the dream you need to have enough resource to back that up. I don’t care about their problems, design a more modular seat which can be switched in and out in more acceptable time frames, parts that are easily replaced, use better more robust materials, figure it out.
Yes yes yes, we know all that, stating the obvious etc.

Meanwhile back in the real world we know BA is several 787s down due to the unexpected engines issue and the remaining planes are being worked super intensively with no downtime for minor issues and flights like Doha being pulled.

You seem reluctant to say what you would do against that background - cancel some flights to put these issues right? I'm not saying it's right but there is a judgement call to be made for all passengers, not just the one F passenger sat in a seat with minor scuffs on the trim.

And honestly, do any FTers buying F on BA really think they are buying the dream?