FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WARNING - ex-MPM Prices are moving!!
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2018, 7:21 am
pbd456

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Ticket 1. Jan 17 to July 17
Great Circle Mapper

I used 15 segments because there is no flight from LCA to LGW on my date as I want to visit MRU,
and I went to LCA to fly 4 segments on A3 to requalify A3 *G, and I did also the BRU TYO BRU J deal for 700 USD and FLR DUS deal via Palau.
(all done during my open jaw from LCA to AMS). First time playing around with codeshare to minimize surcharges, and maximize earning.

earn around 200000 miles by crediting to AA and AS depending on sectors. I think the total with re-issue fee is around 3800 USD.

Ticket 2. (I actually get better in earning miles) I paid <3000 USD when i first issued MPM DOH HKG JFK GRU JNB back in August 1, 2018 (the last day the fare was filed widely)
and paid maybe 700 USD (including re-issued fee to become the following).

Great Circle Mapper

I am sitting in HEL now. Because AY in D class earns -.4EQD and 100 COS on AA. I pick jfk sfo in AY codeshare, hel-doh in AY codeshare to maxinimize my AA earnings.
while SFO HEL. I had planned DOH LHR in BA for maximum AS earnings. I should have ended in CPT instead (better for positioning next intra Africa).
but BA cancelled DOH LHR so I am flying Qsuites instead.

I can see that you are going to nice places instead of maximize mileage like I did. I did take a sidetrip to Falkland Islands (1 hrs transit) and using other award tickets for central american (side trip from BOG).

I will have another 13 sectors on my DONE4 ex CAI to fly in July and August!

On my first trip to MPM, I actually withdrawal some Mozambique metical from ATM and planned to use those for visa for my second trip. But for my second trip, I slept in front of immigration counter and didnt enter the country (they took USD or EURO for visa on arrival fee anyways). I am left with some Mozambique metical and I believed I made a curreny gain since it has appreciated! I will try to convert it back to south african rand when I get to JNB.)