FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] More Polaris "Enhancements" coming May 1, 2018? ...
Old May 29, 2018, 8:33 pm
seanp7

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by gene2632
Flew UA941 LHR to EWR last night in Polaris. Pre-departure drinks came on a tray offering water, bubbly or OJ, I asked for and got diet coke, wife asked for and got ginger ale. "Only" two blankets and one pillow and that was fine with me. Dinner has regressed to a hair above what the have in coach. It looks nicer but it was still inedible. Dinner entree was dried out "grilled" chicken over a bed of crunchy rice....it was supposed to be a bed of rice and I am not sure if it was under cooked and never puffed or over cooked and dried out so my dinner became an ice cream sundae. Pre-landing "meal" was salty, fatty, "Italian" deli meats and some salad with cheese......ate least the salad and cheese were edible. The good news is we left early, arrived early and it was smooth across the pond and I got in a nice nap..
Flew the same route, same day, but UA921. Started well with a refilled 'champagne' on boarding, no chocolate (miss those too, but they came later with the second meal). The dinner, 'pasta', was crunch and small. Cheese all over the side salad, no wheat bread. I feel like UA have put so much effort into replacing the dang sundae plates that they lost the desire to delight with the wine flights, Grand Marnier, etc. The wines tasted fine.

As you said, arriving ahead of schedule counts for something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯