FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST
Old May 29, 2018, 4:14 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pjs
Wife and I connecting in IST flying TK Biz BKK-IST-ATL on 7/31. We have about a 9 hour layover (5am-2pm). I was originally planning to take the 8:30-11 tour (Bosphorus cruise seems way overpriced). We have been to Istanbul before and seen the main sites. Is it worth getting a visa and dealing with all that hassle or should we just hang in the lounge and find a place to rest, eat and relax? Any thoughts from those that have been on this tour or had this kind of layover since the visa rules changed? Thanks.
Originally Posted by djsochi
The tour has too much walking distance. I`d prefer relaxing at the lounge, imho.
There isn't very much walking on the short tour. I enjoyed it a couple years ago, but I had never been to the city before. I had been to the airport and lounge several times, so I figured it was worth the time for the tour. If you have seen the main sights, though, it would probably be repetitive. You only get ten or twenty minutes at each stop.