FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangladesh, Burma and Beijing the Long Way (with stops in Laos, Singapore and Tokyo)
Old May 29, 2018, 2:36 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Singapore Airlines First Class: Singapore - Beijing

Singapore Airlines
First Class (F)
SQ806: SIN-PEK (Singapore to Beijing)
22 May 2018
Boeing 777-300ER
9V-SWQ
Seat 1F
Departure: 04:50PM
Arrival: 11:00PM

As with most of my other flights, I booked this with miles. I typically don't bother with First Class, but SQ had availability on my desired date and it would be the first time I'd flown SQ's F product. So I splurged the extra 15-20k miles and went for it.

Jewel Changi Airport coming along nicely
I'm looking forward to checking it out once it's complete.

Grab driver missed the First Class Entrance and dropped me off at the Business Class Entrance instead.

First Class Entrance
So, I walked in to the First Class Entrance. I'm guessing not many people walk there...

Got the Golden Ticket

I couldn't resist.
Yes, I'm a child.

After check-in, I went to the dedicated immigration lane and security checkpoint. There was zero line and I was airside in two minutes flat. I had some time to kill, so I took a stroll around the terminal and paid a visit to the Butterfly Garden.

Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden

Eventually, I made my way to the First Class Lounge. First stop the Private Room.

Private Room
I was the only person in there for a solid 2 hours. So I watched some videos and had a few espressos.

Private Room
Dining Area

Private Room
Dining Area

Private Room
Dining Area

Private Room
Menu

Private Room
Menu

Private Room
Menu

Private Room
Menu

​​​​​​​Private Room
I had some chicken satay and some excellent tea

Private Room
Plus a tiny dessert

9V-SWQ
Before long, it was time to board our chariot for the evening.

Expansive F seats
Got the new F product on this plane, luckily. Unfortunately, F was full on my flight. First world problems, I know.

Expansive F seats

Taxiing for Takeoff

Taxiing for Takeoff

Taxiing for Takeoff

Menu

Menu

Menu

Satay Chicken
I started off with the SQ signature satay chicken. It was quite tasty.

Diet Coke and Warm Nuts
Yummy

Bread Basket
Garlic bread and a roll. Warmed, naturally.

Fig, Serrano Ham and Manchego
Very good​​​​​​​

Pea Soup
Also quite good

Salad
Excellent

Hainan Chicken Rice
I ordered an entree from Book The Cook, as the entrees for my flight didn't look overly appealing. I made the correct choice. This was excellent. There was no way I could finish it, but delicious nonetheless.

Strawberry Dessert Thing
This was absolutely delicious. Extremely intense strawberry flavor. Really good.

Fruit
I couldn't possibly eat any cheese, and barely ate any of the fruit. I was stuffed!

Espresso
To aid with sleep, naturally.

Overall, the flight was excellent. Service was perfect and the food was great. We left about 20 minutes late due to ground traffic and we arrived a little after 11PM. Not that it mattered to me. Excellent experience and I'd absolutely fly SQ again.