FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]
Old May 29, 2018, 11:46 am
dc2005b

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
While a little past its prime decor wise the Sheraton is a fine place to stay in Salzburg. Located within walking distance to the train station, it is a pleasant walk across the river to the main old-town tourist area.

My points booking was upgraded to a Junior Suite a few days before arrival and I was given early check in with no issues. There was a city tourist tax of 3 euro per day on top of the points paid for room rate. The jr. suite was one large room with views over the Mirabelle Gardens. A tv on the central desk (room divider) swiveled to be viewed from both areas. I will say the photo online now looks like an updated version (neutral white tones) rather than the classic red & gold that mine was furnished in, so maybe cosmetic upgrades are in progress. The living room had a very comfortable couch and two chairs. The bathroom had separate shower & tub, 2 sinks and a separate WC. The entire room was spotless, MAGC is available and as far as I could tell no servicing was done on these days.

The club lounge on 7th floor was ok, but apart from the wide selection of red bull flavors (?) nothing really to write home about. During my stay (May 2018) it was not open for breakfast so I was given full buffet in lobby restaurant (that was quite nice). The evening happy hour had 3 hot items, some sad wilted looking lettuce / accompaniments as well as a cheese plate, there were also some little nibbles like nuts & dried fruits. The hot items rotated slightly but nearly all of them were deep fried and repeated frequently (so many chicken fingers). There was a full self-serve bar area and fridge that contained a wide selection of beverages in addition to the famous red bulls. The tables on the outside terrace would be nice but were completely covered in pollen and had not been wiped down in ages though.

The staff were all very friendly and accommodating, one front desk agent really went the extra mile to track down some unique souvenirs for me. I rented a car one day to visit the Grossglockner High Alpine Road (fully recommend) and parking with in and out privileges was 19 euro per night in self-park garage below hotel.

Overall this is a fine place to stay and a relative value for points when rates are high. The Goldener Hirsch was sold out most of my stay but I would probably give that a try should I return to Salzburg again.