FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clinic Thread – Why is BA’s award availability so bad? And why are the fees so high?
Old May 29, 2018, 5:33 am
mjghughes

Dear experts! I hope you can assist me here.

I would like to book 2 F seats for MAN-LHR-SIN next August using a 2-4-1 Amex voucher.
I understand this is an extremely popular route, and even if 2F seats are available (and I also understand this is not a guarantee) they may go very quickly.
I also understand seats become available at t-355.

A couple of years ago I was a comparatively regular reader on this forum, and I seem to recall reading something to the effect that the best bet was to phone an open service office (somewhere in the world other than the UK) at midnight, t-355 days for your outward journey, book a single - and then phone them again at t-355 of your return and add that portion.

So, Q1 - does this recollection represent correct information and/or are there any other hints or tips you could add (for example, id it easy to add the return booking after essentially "spending" the voucher on the outward flight?
Q2 - If I were to manage to get the seats on the outbound in F, and then nothing were available for the return, could one return in J on the same 2-4-1 voucher?
Q3 - I see that there is still availability as we speak for 2F's through May - from the experience of the experts here, do you know whether there would be a good chance of 2Fs being released into August (and if you could tell me the length of a piece of string, that would be handy as well :-))

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Last edited by mjghughes; May 29, 2018 at 5:35 am Reason: html tags were added for some reason