FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines or EVA?
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2018, 4:16 am
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by wlau
I don't know why many people like CI's fake bamboo interior and the super dimmed light, even for daylight departing flights. CI's new cabin is modern but not "clean" and certainly doesn't give you the bright and airy feeling. However, they will aid in sleeping... from cabin wall coloring to the lighting, they removed blue color components, so it will help get you sleepy even in day time.
Sorry I think you will find yourself in the minority with this view. Most reviews praise the new cabins. I don't care if its not real wood. Tell me which airlines do have real wood walls inside their planes? It is nice that it is different from the usual decor.
I found a round trip between Europe and Taiwan In business class very comfortable.

If you asked me the difference between CI and BR 3 or 4 years ago I would say if the same price then BR Would be better In the majority of cases. However the new B777 and A350 which now covers all long hual destinations provide a Superior experience concerning hardware. Also food has improved a bit since 4 years ago. Lounges are just about all updated (last one opens In September)and better than Eva's currently.
Service is Just about the Same.

By the way CI's premium Economy is Also much nicer.
I am sure if Eva brings out a new cabin In the next few years then its definately possible they can overtake CI in comfort.