FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Use SAS Youth Tickets To Attain Star Alliance Lifetime Gold Status
Old May 28, 2018, 3:54 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
The plan sounds nice - but there's no guarantee that:
1. SK will continue to sell dirt cheap youth tickets;
2. Have the same earning on youth tickets;
3. SK will continue with LT membership/water down the benefits by pushing out a new level - look at Marriott.

I'd say if you are happened to be close to LTG, go for it.
The risk of what happens to life time status in the 10 years it takes to attain it is always a big question mark in any program. Which is why I believe it is never worth planning to achieve, but just take gracefully accept should it happen.

Living in a non Marriott credit card market life time status has become significantly easier with Marriott. Due to the point requirements next to the nights, I could not even make life time silver, I will be lifetime gold under the new system. Of course old life time gold Marriott side is equivalent to new life time platinum. But that is just a name change for same, achievement is still significantly easier, for those without the credit card option. And incidentally more difficult for the credit card holders. That was a long OT... Apologies