FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO Parking
Thread: SFO Parking
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2018, 12:01 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
...But back to Park SFO - they've always been a bit sketchy on their charges - even imposing tax on the free days, which is an SSF percentage tax, so it makes no sense. If they actually turn it over to the city, still sketchy but fine.
To be fair, they do disclose that on their discount coupons with the following verbiage: "Daily rates are based on a 24 hour period. Taxes and fees are not included and must be paid by all customers." (Bolding mine)

In fact, the bolded part appears twice.

The only thing that bugs me about the taxes and fees is that ParkSFO does not disclose anywhere on their website (that I could find) what the formula is for taxes and fees. I realize that California and city/county sales taxes actually change pretty frequently (at least in recent years -- and they have even gone down, of all things!), so ParkSFO probably doesn't want to be burdened with updating their website every time a change occurs. Still, greater transparency would be nice. I do realize that you can easily look up local sales tax rates online, but there is also a question of whether ParkSFO pays any special taxes/fees to the SFO airport authority in addition to the regular sales taxes.