FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit - exclusions?
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2018, 8:57 am
Schultzois

This scenario reminds me of a JAL flight I had a few years back that was canceled due to the FedEx crash at NRT. My segment was MEX-YVR (I think) and it was part of a multi-segment ticket issued by LAN (probably EZE-SCL-MEX-YVR-JFK on LAN, JAL and Cathay). All being credited to BA...

I was re-accommodated from the JAL flight to a Mexicana flight on the same day - obviously much less comfortable (switched from J on a JAL 747 to approximate equivalent of Club Europe on Mexicana...) but obviously I was satisfied just to be able to fly... and I figured I'd chase the Tier points and miles later on, having no idea what a waste of time that would be.

There were several rounds of requests for original ticket receipt, boarding pass for flight actually taken, etc. etc. At some point I received something like the email mentioned above saying 28 days to wait for partner to reply and so on. Finally after what must have been over two months in total chasing this, I get an email explaining that JAL as operating carrier had refused to give ORC, as it's not their policy to do so. Would have been 120 tier points at the time, so I wasn't thrilled. It also made me think a bit less of oneworld than I had before that time.