FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA plane interiors and gaffer tape
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2018, 7:47 am
Mike P

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Yellowbelly

Flew back to the UK last week on B787-8 registration G-ZBJF that was delivered in May 2014 so is four year old. I was in the World Traveller Plus cabin and was surprised at the poor state of the cabin interior. Two passengers next to me had IFE that did not work (11 hour flight) and part of the divider between CW and WT+ was held in the open position by gaffer tape - see photo above.
Also there are only three toilets for the WT and WT+ cabins (179 seats) but one of the toilets between rows 27 and 30 started the flight with no locking door or light and finished locked out of use. The flight was full so you can imagine the queues.
I cannot see these interiors lasting the many years that BA tend to have planes in their fleet and wonder if the poor quality is down to maintenance or cost cutting during the initial purchase.
Would be interesting to see if there are more similar stories or photos of gaffer tape use.
PS The cabin crew were fantastic, some of the best I have experienced and made the flight memorable.
Doesn't sound a pleasant experience, particularly in relation to the lavatory situation which sounds unacceptable. Glad that the crew were good though.