FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] More Polaris "Enhancements" coming May 1, 2018? ...
Old May 27, 2018, 8:54 pm
GBadger

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EWR764
- PDB water/OJ/sparkling from tray, plastic cups, other options proactively offered
- 1/2 carts in the aisle (no branded cover yet, as expected) for drink service with the main meal
- Bread basket is back with several passes (pretzel, garlic, white, multigrain)
- Salad/app trays served from carts in the aisle, entrees hand-run
- Packaged salad dressing served on the tray (not just oil/balsamic bottle)
- Same "Stash" tea varieties are provisioned, placed in silver bowl rather than box (I noticed on my last flight that the boxes weren't holding up well)
- Midflight snack display at bar/counter of 77W consisted of chips, chocolate bars, fruit and leftovers from the main service. No sandwiches/wraps or hot bites, as expected
- Pre-arrival service is the same, minus table linens, plus chocolates, no cookies yet
I did EWR-TXL yesterday. Noted some changes, mostly in line with what's above, but in addition:
- Pre-arrival breakfast was served with croissant on tray (no cinnamon bun option)
- Cookie was included on pre-arrival tray
- Cheese and sundae were served at the same time, off of a cart. On previous flights cheese flight was offered first and then sundae. Appreciated this change as it shortened the dinner service a bit.