FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] More Polaris "Enhancements" coming May 1, 2018? ...
Old May 27, 2018, 8:14 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fezzington
The previous flight's supplies are left onboard when the crew deplanes. If catering doesn't get there in time and the previous flight was domestic, it's not uncommon to use some of those supplies for PDBs (this happens on domestic flights too). IME, liquor is offloaded at any station that would have Polaris service once catering does arrive.

Liability is a customs infraction, which can carry a monetary fine to the company and/or the individual. It's also a pain in the ... to deal with from what I've heard.

exUS flights are bonded carts, as are flights from Europe, Israel, India, GUM, and SIN. It turns out that flights from PEK/PVG/CTU, SYD/MEL, and the rest of the island hopper destinations aren't bonded, which is news to me, as I don't typically work those routes.
Hm! That flight I mentioned was ex-SFO. Not sure why catering would have deviated, then; don't think there was any departure delay, but perhaps there was a late inbound.

If the bonded cart ex-US were broken into pre-departure, would US customs be the authority? And presumably the reciprocal for ex-EU, etc. Just curious in case you know.