FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old May 27, 2018, 8:12 pm
puchong

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
OR you could try to work with the property directly; I've had success with this in the past and just again today (the BRG agent actually told me that they sometimes send customer screenshots emailed to their team (which BRG can't use) to the hotel, who decides to honor the lower rate for the customer)

I emailed the Front Office Manager of a Sheraton the screenshot and how to find the lower rate; he quickly replied and told me he would be happy to honor that rate himself and to forget dealing with the current state of BRG insanity; he probably also preferred not having to pay the approved BRG penalty to corporate, which I could care less about personally

In other news, an escalation point replied to one of my complaints with the new program and claimed they are still awaiting further clarification about the specificity of comparing cancellation deadlines from "above" and that they would get back to me within 48 hours
That is good to know. However, will the property also give you the 2,000 Starpoints or the 25% additional rebate? That is the crux of the matter since the difference between the SPG rate and the OTA rate is rarely wide enough to bother looking for lower rates across numerous sites.