FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST
Old May 27, 2018, 3:41 pm
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cagcag
Will I be eligible for free hotel
Presuming you're not flying on one of the days that there is a shorter connection (some days there's a 15 hour connection, but not all days) then yes, you are eligible for a hotel.

Personally I'd suggest trying to print out something that shows this was the best/only connection option at the time you booked, as a schedule change between now and then is very possible which could change the options...

Originally Posted by cagcag
BTW, any bets as to which Airport in IST will I be connecting? If "new" airport how will free transit hotels be handled?
Nobody knows. I was in Istanbul last week, and the general feeling is that there is very little chance the airport will open in October as planned, but that the announcement about that will not be made until after the upcoming election (in June/July). There are hotels being built near to the new airport, but apparently most of those will not be ready by October either.