FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive Thread: Use Sky Miles to upgrade on VS
Old May 27, 2018, 2:00 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jrkmsp

Ticket reissue can take a week or more. If it hasn’t processed after a week, call and tell them you want to pick seats and can they please push the reissue through. Just one of the pleasures of this partnership.

And, incidentally, it took me an email and two phone calls to get my mileage credit. What had to be done after travel is the ticket reissued back into the Delta flight number and fare class. Took multiple agents to figure that out.
Originally Posted by bgriff
Seat selection not showing up on DL website is normal for the DL-VS partnership these days, as far as I can tell (which is weird since VS is now on DL's reservation system so you would think they should be better connected, but who knows). So I wouldn't worry too much about that piece. What seats you've chosen on VS.com is the most important and should stick through your flight, barring an aircraft type change or other oddity.

But yeah it's normal for upgrade cert & mileage upgrades to not reticket immediately and sometimes it can take a while. Your RDMs won't be deducted until that happens. So most likely you haven't gotten a freebie, sorry

Also my advice in the post above would also apply to you, keep an eye out.
Thank you both! Glad to know I'm not crazy... But also that this timing is somewhat normal.