FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cannot pay by Amex for GIB-LHR?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2018, 12:34 pm
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
Originally Posted by ringingup
But are you 100% that Amex would refund it?
I'm 99% sure. Even if the first person you speak to can't do it, someone will comply eventually. Ultimately if they refuse, which I believe would be very unlikely, then you could point out to Amex's Executive Office, who have access to lawyers, that at https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/c...sPremiumPlusCC, American Express states "Collect 1.5 Avios for virtually every £1 spent, and 3 Avios for every £1 spent with British Airways or BA Holidays". This implies that British Airways does accept American Express cards. Therefore American Express, by knowingly omitting to mention very relevantly that BA doesn't accept American Express for some flight routes (while continuing to accept Visa and MasterCard), would be in breach of Regulation 6 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

When I know the law is behind me, I always take this kind of approach, by turning it into the organisation's problem instead of my problem, and it works. Please let us know how you get on.