FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 27, 2018, 12:33 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Perfect! Exactly the sort of thing I was looking to do.
Added the dim sum place to my list! Thanks. Hopefully not worse than 100* and high humidity in Florida, which is what we are used to. But city heat is hard, I agree. Maybe shall do sunrise long walk instead of after midday sun.
Being an exHKGer now lives in South Florida, I can tell you it is MUCH MUCH WORSE in Hong Kong than in South Florida due to several factors.

The humidity is often over 95% or higher.
There are very little urban green spaces to absorb some heat while there are gazillions of airconditioners release heat into the air, and 10 times more the cars on the road than here, in a very very small area. Dont even mention the Urban jungles in the city.

You DEFINITELY should avoid walk of any distance in HKG between the months of May till Sept.

A friend is currently in Hong Kong now, and the temperature is over 35 degree C the lowest everyday since he arrived a week ago. Indoors the ACs are in full blast and it is like in 18 degree, that incl both the MTR, Train and Buses. As a result, it is very easy to get sick when you go in and out between the extremely hot and the extremely cold.
You will see almost all folks work inside an office or in a bank, wear light weight sweaters due to the very cold working environment they are in the whole day long. It is crazy but that is how it is.

BTW, the popular Tsui Wah local chain restaurants has a location very near the hotel - walk on the Mody Road towards Nathan Road and I believe it is right around the corner by Nathan Road. You can google it easily. It is a mid-priced local chain with reliable quality of foods. Each location's seating is different due to the very localized requirement of the restaurant. In TST where they tend to have clientele that demands better things, this location has nicer seating arrangement, especially going up the 2nd floor where you find booth seats with high backs.

The one in the local mall near the Tung Chung MTR station (closest to the airport with a bus linked to it) has much more cramped seating and uncomfortable low chairs that can are like stools. They have locations thru out the city. Quality seems to vary a bit but not so much as the comfort of the seating arrangement.

They have some lamb chop dishes that are of high quality and in the price range of USD22 to 25 a dish with very big portion. Personally I like very much their modified Spinach Won Ton with Japanese pork rib soft bone specialty soup base. Very nice. We go there every time we stay at Hyatt Regency.

Last edited by Happy; May 27, 2018 at 12:46 pm