FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old May 27, 2018, 11:42 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by X-ON
I would suspect that this is what was the problem ... i.e. the cancellation is not free. .. but hey its just my guess ... btw what OTA was it?
They are looking at the specific time to cancel now to match.

The new T&Cs do NOT state this. It just says rate type needs to match - Marriott in the past for LNF has said it just needs to match either "nonredundable" or "flexible" - the date and time of flexibility don't matter

SPG agents I spoke to yesterday said Marriott trained them to be this precise about it. She mentioned hearing negative things and this website and encouraged everyone to call the BRG line, ask for a Supervisor, and file a complaint

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Bingo. X-ON you nailed it. The SPG legacy team is asked overnight to interpret the new T&C so they are going to be rejecting claims left right and center. "The OTA site didn't mention that the room type included a hair dryer and our site does" CLAIM DENIED
They are claiming this is how they were trained.

Also, they are taking longer than the promised 24 hours to reply to claims because they claim to have to verify so many more details now and it's taking much longer per claim

I would encourage calls and complaints; I complained to a Supervisor that if they cannot review in the 24 hours they prescribe then any claims taking longer than 24 hours should be auto approved

They can't pick and choose what they want to follow (strict rules applied to our rates) then take forever to verify on their end!