FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks
Old May 27, 2018, 11:12 am
niksal

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
...sigh. Must every discussion always end up in the same discussion about segment qualification? Like I’ve said before: remove segment qualification and you will never see me on a finnair flight again. I am the scum that occupies seats in the Schengen lounge one morning every week. I am the one who drinks a coke zero, a champagne or a bottle of wine when returning to Helsinii in the evening. And once a year I behave really poorly, because I book a longhaul flight that I upgrade with vouchers. And yes, a few times per year I also book some shorthauls together with my family of four, and we even access the lounge via the gifted gold card to my wife.

I am sorry that I moved from SAS to Finnair a few years ago to trouble all of you really important longhaul passengers, who pay for your business class tickets or otherwise gather your 150k points. You are so much more important clients to Finnair that I wonder why we others don’t get a yellow ribbon or some other form of identification to show our inferiority. We should then shine your shoes on the planes, sit in the laps of eachother so you can have a seat next to you free, and pay triple price for BoB, if there is anything left after you have received everything for free. We can enter the lounge only between 3am and 5am, the rest of the time it should be reserved for the worthy points qualifiers.

I bet you are all smart, successful people. Why can’t you come up with anything better than taking away benefits from others?