FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay F vs. Qatar QSuites
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2018, 9:42 am
HKG_Flyer1

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I strongly advise against DOH-USA just because they SSSS like half of the plane and I've been questioned by DHS staff in DOH (no idea why they're there) to the point I felt extremely uncomfortable.
I flew DOH-JFK last month, and arrived at the gate well-ahead of the boarding process (additional security screening takes place at the gate). I didn't observe anything out of the ordinary (when compared to the enhanced screening that all inbound US flights typically entail), and was watching closely (because I was bored).

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
the Al Mourjan lounge in DOH to me is one of the worst 'flagship' lounges in oneworld...no kidding...poor F&B, ridiculously overcrowded, can't even get a shower easily.
I actually thought the lounge was pretty nice. Seating was definitely pretty full near the entrance, but it is huge lounge, with lots of different rooms, and after taking the time to explore, I found lots of quiet areas with plenty of seating once I migrated away from the seating areas in direct line of sight from the lounge entrance. Didn't check out the food offerings or wait for a shower.

Last edited by HKG_Flyer1; May 27, 2018 at 10:44 am