FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old May 27, 2018, 9:01 am
X-ON

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Bingo. X-ON you nailed it. The SPG legacy team is asked overnight to interpret the new T&C so they are going to be rejecting claims left right and center. "The OTA site didn't mention that the room type included a hair dryer and our site does" CLAIM DENIED
MAR need to at least, at a minimum, coordinate the practice of how to apply the new T&C of LNF. I have yet to see any activity over at the Marriott forum LNF sticky thread so it seems that there is business as usual.. Imagine 1 AUG come and go and when you LNF whether your claim is denied or not is depending on which team gets the email the marriott forum will be fuming... Somebody dropped the ball here ... It puzzles me that some aspects of this merger is so poorly executed
One thing that the SPG BRG had going for itself was the transparency and no hair splitting, of course you could not take advantage of the difference in flex premium between OTA and spg.com but nothing is perfect. I am a little surprised that MAR did not go with the SPG T&C since it is perceived as being transparent and as a property you only need to pay attention to one rate (pre-paid SPG, i.e. keep that at the same lvl as thr OTA) for each room category in order to avoid BRG, I guess you go with what you know.
If MAR is going to start with the hair splitting and every LNF agent is going to start to be a pretend lawyer the LNF program is going down the same route as Hyatt once did.