FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit BA to Jet Airways in DEL
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2018, 5:59 pm
cameramaker

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bisonrav
If you've never been through an Indian airport before, worth knowing that the security process is unusual. You have to have a tag on your hand baggage - you can pick these up at checkin or around the security queue area. That gets stamped when you've cleared security. You go through the scanner with your boarding pass, and at the end of that there is a little podium. You get onto that, put your boarding pass on the table to the side, and get frisked (everyone gets frisked). When this is done, your boarding pass is stamped too and you can collect your things. You can't get onto the plane without a stamped boarding pass and a stamped hand baggage tag, this is checked by police as you go through the gate.

It's always easier incidentally if you have paper copies of your itinerary with your name on, this is checked on the way into the airport terminal on your way out and it saves a lot of fiddling around with phones.
When I last went to PNQ in November they’d stopped doing this tagging and stamping nonsense. My BP only got stamped, my hand baggage went through the scanner and on to the plane untagged. I even asked in PNQ whether I needed a tag and they said no. This was the case in BOM and BLR too.