FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old May 26, 2018, 12:08 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smxflyer
I am flying in August 2018 on one ticket:
UA 932 IAD - FRA Arr 1210
LH 760 FRA - DEL Dep 1340

It seems that UA 932 usually arrives at a bus gate (AEUW) and LH 760 departs from C gates. If I understand correctly, I will have to take the Skytrain and reclear security prior to entering the C gates. Assuming things are on-time, is this enough time to make this connection? Is there any Gold Track security line at the security checkpoint (I am *G with UA)? I've read the security lines can get quite long at FRA from what I've read in this thread and elsewhere. Thanks for the help
AEUW is good news for anyone connecting to flights leaving from A or Z gates but not for B or C. Unfortunately there is no way that I know of which allows anyone connecting to a flight leaving from C to get to their gate without clearing security. The new Skyline platform for C has shorten the time it takes to get to C from A/Z.

It's a long time since I departed from a C gate and cannot tell what security is like but they usually have separate priority lanes for First, Business and *G passengers from Economy passengers. 90 mins should be enough for this connection but FRA also has fast lanes for passengers with a very tight connection.