FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The new BiTB dodge - gatechecking and carrying on
Old May 26, 2018, 4:20 am
flyuk

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by simons1

The discussion was clearly about SH. On LH this is rarely an issue as there are more/bigger lockers and no need for bags to be gate checked.

Of course you give an extreme example, I doubt there are many cases where a CE traveller has paid 10x more.

Also someone in First being jumped by a £10 basic fare? Clearly you are again talking LH but £10 fares on long haul?? Where do I get one?

Still FT wouldn't be what it is if people didn't have something to get those knickers twisted about. Bottom line here is if i) BA had realistic allowances relevant to the space available and ii) enforced it then people wouldn't get so lathered up about being first into a metal tube.
I clearly didn't say there were £10 long haul fares. Luxembourg is a fine example, I've flown HBO for £11, and there most definitely were £110 fares on the same flight. In my original post I said "up to 10 times", which is true and I was clearly saying *up to* 10 times, it's literally written in my post.

It's not about getting knickers in a twist, it's about BA selling a product with defined benefits (be it through ticket class or loyalty) than can be eroded at the gate. If you are happy with that, I think there's a place for you in the hold, after all, it's the same metal tube...

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's who boards first. I only have status for lounge access and extra hold luggage allowance.