FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 25, 2018, 9:28 pm
AEmgee

WARNING: "Destination Fee" $20/night as of May 1, 2018

I just completed a stay at this property. I was surprised to see the addition of a $20/night "Destination Fee" to my bill. I was told that it was implemented May 1, 2018. The details of the fee are not easy to find on the website, but this is what it includes:

Hyatt Regency La Jolla - $20 Destination Fee
High speed premium internet
Local calls and faxes
15% off DRIFT eat+drink food and beverage purchases
Outdoor games
Family activities
Water toys
Cabana use (subject to availability)
Coffee in the lobby between (5am-7am) and afternoon refreshments (2pm-4pm)
Retail discounts at prestigious La Jolla stores and shops
Discounts on surf and paddlboard lessons with Surf Divas
Special discounted tickets to SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and San Diego Safari Park
Two bottles of water placed in the guest rooms daily
Full use of tennis courts with rackets and balls

I wasn't actually told about the fee when I checked in and therefore during my stay I didn't know that it included these so-called "benefits". I didn't get water replenished in my room and I stayed on the Regency Club floor.

On the plus side, I did get the fee waived when I pointed out that no one told me about it. Over several stays, I have found the staff at this property to be very friendly.

I like this property (when not wanting to stay in San Diego downtown) for its easy access to highways, free street parking nearby, and decent Regency Club. It's a shame about the cash grab fee. These resort and destination fees have gotten out of hand!