FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Membership Pack
Thread: Membership Pack
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2018, 7:15 pm
ashbjr

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite
I went through a 6 month back and forth with Qatar to receive my Platinum pack during which they sent the "We have mailed your packet.." email three times and none of them arrived, to a US based address. In the end, I wrote a lengthy and strongly worded complaint via Qatar's Facebook (and email). In the complaint, I asked that if they can't get a simple mail package to me to the US, through one of the world's most reliable mail systems, that either they make the pack available in Doha at the airport or send it to the Qatar Airways office in New York (or where I live, in Phnom Penh). Then something magical happened. I got a call from the head of the Qatar office in Phnom Penh (my primary base) that they have my package and that he wanted to hand it to me in person and apologize. And he did so graciously with a small gift pack (including a model B787!). Long story short, it took forever and many many back and forths, but it ended satisfactorily. This year, when I renewed Plat, they directly sent the packet the Qatar office and I just received a call asking that I come in to get it (no gift pack though :-) ..)