FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi & Barclaycard AA Credit Card Free Domestic Checked Bag / Baggage / Luggage
Old May 25, 2018, 12:36 pm
stupenal

I booked my flight to Hawaii using my British Avios this past monday, and we are departing tomorrow, Saturday. I called yesterday to update my reservation to include my AAdvantage number. I have the Barclays card, and my Aadvantage account online shows that I am an Aviator member.

The CSR confirmed that I have a free bag allowance for my flight tomorrow, but I'm not sure. I even called again and got a different CSR who confirmed the same thing. The both said they can see a banner on my itinerary that shows I have a preferred credit card, and when clicking through on bag allowance, it shows one free bag. The reason I'm not sure is because it does not jive with the 7 day rule that is noted in this thread. The flight was booked less than 7 days ago, plus it was originally booked through BA so it did not have my AAdvantage number even at time of booking.

Any thoughts if there will be a problem at the airport checkin with respect to the free bag allowance?