FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”
Old May 25, 2018, 9:07 am
Trav1970

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
For Jr members it's a mixed blessing - but Jr moving up the tiers, will collect upgrade vouchers, threshold awards, giveaway cards (looking at you, Sir Intuition) so on the balance the might even be better off.

Cheaper redemptions are welcome, though I'm still waiting for the new LH J rates. And still hoping for 50% rate for oneways.

The coming of family pooling is also OK.

I have to agree though, that these changes are more geared towards the 99%, but the 1% can also make use them
Let's assume I use one of the gold giveaways on Trav1970 Jr. There are four short haul vouchers that would come with that. A long haul J redemption would go from 100 000 to 150 000 points. I could of course get a long haul Y redemption for 90 000 points and use all four vouchers to upgrade one leg to business. I don't see how that is any kind of an improvement.