FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)
Old May 23, 2018, 5:26 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Please speak for yourself. My job has sent me to 25 countries (also 100k+ last year) and PP lounges are a godsend in some of the places that our current president described with a expletive. Not to mention that PP is useful even in places like PEK, SVO and BKK where the *A lounge options may not be wonderful. And yes, the lounge is a great safe space for my kids to hang out on our airline trips, not to mention the snacks. As discussed in many other thread, PP may be almost useless in the USA depending on your travel patterns, but that's where the UC membership shines.

Everybody has their own reasons for paying the JPM-R annual fee (or in some cases it is comp'd). Some people rave about the concierge, which I have found mostly useless. Others like the lounges. For me the clincher is the built-in comprehensive travel insurance (including medevac), though the UC + PP combo is easily worth $150 to me, plus the 3x points.