FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old May 23, 2018, 3:00 pm
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Last week I spent two nights at the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel (not the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach resort). My bill came to about $530.

I had signed up for the AMEX offers on both my new Aspire card and my new AMEX Hilton Business card for $45 off a $250 stay at any Hilton.

When I checked out, I asked the hotel to split the bill between the two cards, putting exactly $250 on my Aspire card and about $280 on the business card. A few days later I got the $45 credit on each card.

Today I see that I just got the $250 resort credit on my Aspire card too, even though Hilton Waikiki Beach doesn't have resort in the name and isn't on the Hilton list of resorts.

So the total amount charged to my Aspire card was $250 and I received $295 in credits for this stay. Not bad.
Interesting! I too am going to Hawaii and was going to stay at one of the listed resorts, although I preferred the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel. I was solely doing this because it may be my only chance to get the $250 credit this year (don't frequent Hilton resorts much but rather their hotels). Hmmmmmm. At least now I have an option... although not sure if it's worth the risk. Still, if it worked for you - can't see why something would change to their system in the next 30 days. Thanks for letting us know!