FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase purchase protection issues [Consolidated]
Old May 23, 2018, 2:37 pm
wotan2525

These people are the worst. I purchased a drone with my Ritz Carlton Rewards Card. Crashed it. Water and physical damage. Here's how the last 3 months of my life have been.... I call them, they tell me that the claim is under review but to check back in 5 days. I call back in 5 days and they either say that my claim is approved "but pending management review for payment" or that I need to submit another document. I submit another document, wait 5 days and call back in and they tell me that they have not been able to "process" the document yet and I need to call back in another 5 days. Or.... if it's been "pending management review for payment" I will call back after a few days and they will tell me that they need add'l documents from me (which again, require 5-10 days for them to process.)

The whole thing seems designed by them to be painful and that they would prefer I just give up. I'm at 3 months and over a dozen calls to them. Worthless benefit IMHO.