FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX mini DO Aug 2018
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2018, 1:25 pm
ScienceTeacher

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by gcuk
Hi ScienceTeacher. Sorry to hear about the issues. I was surprised when you reported that BA had made the changes to a Trailfinders booking as I thought the airlines were reluctant to make changes to travel agent tickets. If you expand on the issues, I'm sure one of our experts will be along shortly to advise.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Can I check have BA just auto-rebooked you or have you discussed it with them and they have done a rebooking after the discussion. If the latter I agree with gcuk, for a TA booking you should normally have to deal with the TA and the airline won't do changes directly with you.

What does it now show on MMB? If it has been changed to what you want and re-ticketed I am not sure I would be that concerned about whether Trailfinders have a record or not.
By way of an update, the issue is now all sorted. Trailfinders messaged me this morning and explained that BA shouldn't have changed the booking their end when I phoned, but that it turns out to be a good thing since there isn't availability anymore via. LAX. The original PNR is all updated and re-ticketed according to check-my-trip and ticket numbers appear in the BA app.

I must say, they have been a very good travel agent - you ring and it goes straight through, and they know exactly who you are from your caller ID. Very impressed!