FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (master thread)
Old May 23, 2018, 11:20 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by jspira
Ir would be helpful to get greater specificity on your in flight experience. I’ve flown Flagship First TC many tImes and have always been quite satisfied and my standards are high.

- the way when the Bose headsets were being handed out, it was like some sales on the street, walking with the headset and just basically asking without going to each passenger individually, asking alound "Bose headsets?" At that time, I just came onboard and was storing my bags overhead and she did see that I just boarded and she was going back again towards the galley and just ignored me. Had to go after her towards the galley to get one.
- PDB - Sparking and Champagne were the only available option, I had wanted Coke, but was told sorry I will have to wait until take off (at this time boarding was ending, so not much foot traffic).
- Dinner - since I was still full from the dining, I had wanted to eat later into the flight, which I did request, but was told no it was not possible (meanwhile, on my flight the next day to HNL, when I made the same request I was well accommodated and even warned that the dish may be slightly drier). I understand that this is not standard service, but I would have expected some exception.
- when I did wake up later with about 2.5 hours left in flight, no one bothered to check if I wanted anything. They were all just chatting in the galley. Even when I was going to the toilet, they did not bother to ask if I had wanted anything (clearly they knew I just woke up), and asked on my way back towards my seat for a drink. Basically here, zero service was offered (no walks or even when she walked passed the different seats towards the business galley, did not bother to ask anyone if they needed anything).

All in all, I had expected some match to the ground service (slightly more refined, attentive, etc), but onboard, it seems that the only main differences between business and First is the seat and maybe the type of wines/champagne offered.

Seems that maybe I lucked out (which should not be the case that you had to depend on luck).

Cheers!