FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are extra legroom seats worth paying extra for?
Old May 23, 2018, 9:58 am
libertyuk

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Karen762
I am travelling from Sydney to Wellington next year and have seen a lot of comments on Seat Guru about how cramped the seats are on that route. The extra legroom seats are available for A$25 but might be cold and not have so much recline - is this worth it for a 3.5 hour flight?

I'm not so precious that I can't sit in economy but just wondering if it might be a good idea to pay a little more for extra legroom.
Nobody can really decide whether you value A$25 for basically three hours of extra legroom vs paying for something else, but assuming the seats in question are the exit row seats in the middle (Rows 13 and 14), they DO make a difference, and the recline is only locked for takeoff and landing (the crew typically unlock it once the seatbelt sign is switched off). You wont be allowed underseat storage, but personally I find the seat pitch on the QF 737 in economy uncomfortable for more than an hour or so.