FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2018, 5:51 am
FeedbirdNiner

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
I recently booked an Ex-EU as follows:

GOT - LHR - LAX, JFK - LHR - GOT.

It priced up on Matrix at £1,650 in biz, (BA metal out, AA metal back for the TATL) with an overnight layover on the way out at LHR (I needed to be home on a Thurs evening)..I assumed with a long minconnect and multicity I wouldn't be able to get ba.com to price it, but after the phone agent failed to get close to the price Matrix was quoting, I simply used the multicity option at ba.com, put in the next day for LHR-LAX and hey presto got the right price, albeit in Swedish Kr.

I'm inexperienced at this but was surprised it was as easy as that, I assumed the 'multicity' was not the same as a single journey with a connection and would not benefit from the ex-EU pricing, clearly I was wrong, which got me wondering if there is any difference between a multicity booking and say a point to point booking that happens to offer a connection through an airport?

Clearly my reservation is all on one booking ref, but do the flights count as separate and does that offer me any protection if I missed the GOT departure? (I think I know the answer is no, but still wondering if there is a technical difference between multicity on BA.com and a point to point that ends up staging through another airport).