FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old May 22, 2018, 5:35 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NickyEWR
Hello

I’m planning a last minute trip to London using miles. On my return I’m traveling from London Heathrow to Nyc in business class. I have a two hour connection in Frankfurt. Is that enough time? Does anyone know what the process will be to make this connection?

i was hoping to go non stop from LHR to NYC but this was the best I could find considering its last minute. I’m grateful for any help you can provide.
The process depends on where your flight from LHR arrives. As Ted has already said it helps to know the flight numbers. Many morning flights from LHR arrive at AEUW which is a bus gate at the bottom of A/Z concourse. From AEUW you don't have to go through passport control or security and can go straight up to Z departures used by most flights to the US. Two hours should be more than enough for the connection.

If your flight from LHR arrives at a B gate or any bus gate other than AEUW you will have to go through transfer security.

You can check the arrival gates of LHR-FRA flights on Lufthansa's flight status page.

P.S. I have just checked yesterday and today's flights and none of them seems to be using AEUW. Not sure what's going on but if not arriving at AEUW you will have to clear transfer security.