FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]
Old May 22, 2018, 2:46 pm
beltway

Ran into a problem today when trying to add my wife's Ink Plus account as a transfer-to card for my Freedom card: message to the effect that "This card is not eligible at this time" or some such. That's different from the common "unexpected error" message when trying to add a new transfer-to card less than 24 hours after deleting the previous one.

I've made this same transfer plenty of times in recent years with no trouble--in fact, did a small one a week ago. (Can't recall if I deleted the association after the transfer or left it in place; certainly wasn't there today.) Double-checked that there are no other associations in either direction to/from the Ink+.

I did turn up sporadic mentions of this same error in the past, as reported on FT, Reddit, and a few other places, but did not see any consistent explanation for what's causing it.

Thoughts? Is there some points-combination frequency threshold--new or existing--that I just tripped accidentally? I'm at a loss to think of anything else that could have prompted this error message.