FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Empire Builder Hints and Tips
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2018, 12:21 pm
IflyNW

Programs: Delta GM, IHG Spire, National EX
Originally Posted by Miesque
I am doing my first trip on the Empire Builder next Sunday from Seattle to Minneapolis and I have the full bedroom vs roomette. This will be my first two night trip on Amtrak and am really looking forward to it since I have wanted for a while to do one of the longer routes out West and I have never been to the Northwest before. I have done several one night trips on the Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited and Capitol Limited (disappointed to hear about the dining downgrades on the later two).

I am flying into Seattle and flying out of Minneapolis. It seems the public transportation to/from airport/train is reasonably easy and direct (light rail in Seattle and a bus in Minneapolis). If anyone has comments on that aspect, I would appreciate it.
Just as a heads up there's been a lot of trackwork happening between glacier and williston at the moment during the night, so things have been moving a little slow. I trust you left yourself plenty of buffer to get to the airport in MSP. Uber from Union to MSP is about $20 if you want to go that route. Also two blocks south of the depot in whitefish is a liquor store if you need to resupply after the night out of spokane, remember you can drink in your bedroom with your own alcohol legally!