FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR upgrades
Thread: LHR upgrades
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2018, 12:09 pm
teme

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Eyrie
Yeah, I was very much surprised about the speed, and the fact that it went through. I assumed I would have been in the bottom of a list, after all the status members had had theirs cleared. So I was prepared to wait until a few days before departure.

Not complaining, but I doubt anyone with status is happy to hear this!

I wonder if there are many other non-status people here who would be able to confirm if my case was unusual, or if this is a LHR-HEL special case, or if they are indeed changing their procedure. Definitely interested in hearing what happens to OP, but since they are BA Gold, AY might take that into consideration. (maybe this belongs to the main upgrade-thread)
I have had no difficulty upgrading online this year on flights to FRA and ZRH. I think its definitely good if platinums have priority with upgrades, but at the same time think it's pity that there is hardly any online availability on LHR routes. Have not yet bought the tickets so cannot comment if BA Gold would help. Usually end up bying BA business tickets which are often around 440 euros return. Tier point wise excellent value in my opinion.